Sunday, 20 May 2012

Wild Garlic

I just adore when I walk into a sheltered woodland and the strong scent of wild garlic greets me....
We went walking at a great place just like this today, near the top of Cheddar Gorge:
Wild garlic everywhere!
and so I just had to collect some because it is just a great food to cook with!
So after our walk, where I also spotted some very pretty wild orchids, and after tidying up the front "garden"
[well it's not really a garden but I try...]
I headed for the kitchen to try out a couple of recipes,
one is from http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/wild-garlic-and-feta-quiche.html
which is a wonderful blog and very inspiring as well as being full of delicious recipes!
I made two quiche, and the combination of wild garlic and feta works seriously well.... I highly recommend it

The second thing I tried was a recipe a scrounged from the chef of the Wellington at Boscastle after eating it there last year....
a wild garlic mousse
which looks very pretty
is just set
and after we have tasted it
I will post the recipe!!
so it has been a wild garlic day...

5 comments:

  1. Second try, my computer got the bug today, keeps freezing every tiem I want to comemnt.

    Anyway, here goes, you must share the Wild Garlic Mousse recipe, I'd love to try it either this year if I can still get my mitts on wild garlic, otherwise it will be def. for next year. Also thank you soooooo much for the kind words about my blog and the link, truly appreciated. I am always, always humbled.

    I smiked at your trip to Cheddar Gorge, as you know I was in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday, one of the other places my husband wanted to check out was Cheddar Gorge, I just wasn't inthe mood to go walking for long, so declined. Regretting it a little now, as I know I would have come home with wild garlic, oh well. It does look marvellous.

    PS I will link this page from my Wild Garlic Feta Recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Your feta and wild garlic combination is quite an amazing one... I admit no tart got to the freezer...
    we had one hot as it came out of the oven and the other cold yesterday, and it almost better cold than hot!
    I will post the mousse recipe for you as it also worked out well, and hope you can find some wild garlic for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. :) That quiche is making my hungry! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!
    I am not a good photographer so pretty pics are usually more luck than judgemenbt!
    do try the tart if you can find some wild garlic it is a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment....
I will reply to all comments as soon as I can...
Thank You!